Everybody’s an expert these days.
The talking heads on the evening news. Facebook fitness gurus. Anybody who’s seen an ounce of fame or success.
They’re all “experts.”
At least, that’s what they call themselves.
There’s no test to become an expert. No standardized definition.
You can just wake up one morning and start calling yourself an expert. No one is going to stop you.
You can be untrained or willfully ignorant… your “expert predictions” can be wrong 99% of the time… and you can still go on cable news every night and call yourself an expert.
In today’s issue of Money & Crisis, analyst Jim Rickards tackles one of these so-called experts and his predictions about Trump’s trade war.
All the best,
Editor, Money & Crisis
P.S. After more than a decade of secrets, Jim has revealed this incredible information. You might not know this know this… but Jim was involved with developing a special tool while working with the U.S. government.
“Project Prophesy,” as it’s come to be known, can predict surprising political and economic events before they happen. Click here and Jim will tell you everything.
Trump’s Critics Are Dead Wrong
No one can be 100% accurate all the time, but sometimes it’s instructive to see just how wrong “leading” commentators can be.
For example, Anatole Kaletsky is a prominent financial analyst and globalist. He made a forecast in advance of the G-20 meeting in Buenos Aires and high-profile dinner between President Trump and President Xi Jinping on Dec. 1. Therefore, we have the benefit of hindsight in assessing Kaletsky’s forecast.
Kaletsky said Trump’s motto is “shout loudly and carry a white flag.” In effect, he’s saying Trump is belligerent and threatening in the early stages of a negotiation, but he settles for little and walks away declaring “victory.”
Based on this, Kaletsky expects an early end to the trade war with China with little more than superficial gains for the U.S. But that’s completely wrong.
The Ticking Clock
Trump may have agreed to a 90-day timeout as negotiations continue, but he’s no less determined to press ahead in the negotiations. Trump will not settle for cheap concessions, so investors should expect the trade wars to escalate and continue, perhaps for years.
Like most pro-China globalists, Kaletsky touts the fact that China has already agreed to 40% of the U.S. demands. Big deal. Does this mean that China has a free hand to violate the other 60%?
Not according to Trump and his chief negotiator, Robert Lighthizer. Incidentally, I debated Brexit with Kaletsky in Switzerland in March 2016, when he predicted the U.K. would vote to “remain” and I predicted the U.K. would vote to “leave.”
He was wrong about Brexit and he’s more wrong about the trade wars. Nothing is more important to Trump and he will see this through. Trump is playing for keeps.
Meanwhile, the trade war “truce” that Trump and Xi agreed to in Buenos Aires was almost immediately broken.
A Tale of Money Laundering, Fraud, and Cyber Spying
The CFO of Huawei was arrested in Vancouver, Canada, on a warrant issued by the United States. Huawei is the largest mobile phone manufacturer in the world and a leader in the new 5G phone technology that is just being rolled out globally.
The CFO, Meng Wanzhou, happens to be the daughter of Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei and is one of the most powerful business leaders in China.
Huawei is suspected of being controlled by the Chinese government and the People’s Liberation Army. Huawei has a long history of intellectual property theft and of building trapdoors and other devices into its equipment to spy on users and steal data.
The specific charges related to Meng involve money laundering, fraud and selling telecommunications gear to Iran in violation of U.S. sanctions.
The bottom line is that the arrest has thrown U.S.-China relations into turmoil just as a 90-day “truce” in the trade wars begins.
Hearings on a possible extradition of Meng to the U.S. for trial on the charges have now begun. This arrest should not be taken lightly and the struggle between the U.S. and Huawei will not be over soon. The U.S. is acting aggressively to uphold its national security and intellectual property interests.
There will be more actions against Huawei and other Chinese tech giants. The intellectual property part of the trade war is just getting underway and has a long way to run.
That means a rocky ride for investors — despite the elite happy talk from Kaletsky and his ilk.
P.S. This could be my most important message for the New Year.
To date, the CIA has given clearance to fewer than 100 people in the entire world involved with this project. But as a tax-paying American citizen, you deserve to know the truth.
Click here for all the details on “Project Prophesy.”